New User, pre-compile error

uBug12 is a free multi-platform GUI for working with Freescale S12 and S12X MCUs without the need for a BDM pod. It was ported from VB to Java and subsequently enhanced by David Armstrong, and is actively being developed and improved upon. To use it, your target MCU must be pre-loaded with the appropriate version of the Freescale Serial Monitor outlined in AN2548. Most boards sold by Technological Arts already have a version of this monitor pre-loaded. If you wish to load it into your own hardware, you'll need to use a BDM pod (such as the Technological Arts USBDMLT). For this purpose, MCU-specific images of the serial monitor are available for several 9S12 and 9S12X variants from the Support Library, at http://support.technologicalarts.ca/docs/uBug12/.

Moderators: cbarnes, DavidA

Re: New User, pre-compile error

Postby DavidA » Tue May 27, 2014 10:20 am

Understood. I've been meaning to get back to this, but have been caught up in a number of different things. I think the best thing to do is arrange to 'get together' at the same time somehow, online, and work to get this solved 'once-and-for-all'. Do we have each others real email? If so, we can go directly with that rather than post messages here. (Oh, I'll post the final solution, once we find it.) Maybe switch to Yahoo messenger or some such then, and see what we can do in real-time. (pun intended!)
DavidA
Beginner
Beginner

Postby E4ODnut » Tue May 27, 2014 10:35 am

Hi David,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I'll send you an e-mail to the address I have on file.

Regards,
Robert
E4ODnut
Beginner
Beginner

Postby E4ODnut » Tue May 27, 2014 5:32 pm

Hi David,
Haven't gotten a reply to my e-mail so I assume the address is not correct. If it's any help, the last correspondence I got from you was 3/3/14.
I don't see any option on the forum for a private message. If there is one perhaps that would be a start to re-establish communication.

Regards,
Robert
E4ODnut
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Highflyer » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:36 am

Hi all,
I get the exact same error messages as Robert , so it's not an isolated occurrence .
Only difference is , I can't find a "C:\Program Files (x86)\" folder .
Java and uBug12 are in "C:\Program Files"
Running on Windows XP with the latest versions of uBug12 and Serial monitor for my Adapt9S12XDP512 .

Regards,
Angelo
Highflyer

Postby Highflyer » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:47 am

Hi all,
I get the exact same error messages as Robert , so this is not an isolated occurrence .
Only difference is , I can't find a "c:\Program Files(x86)" dir.
Java and uBug12 are in "C:\Program Files" .
I'm running Windows XP and the latest versions of uBug12 and Serial Monitor .

Regards,
Angelo
Highflyer

Postby cbarnes » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:48 pm

Hi Angelo,

XP doesn't have a "c:\Program Files(x86)" dir. That's a Windows7/8 thing.

You'll get the "can't find \\sample.lst" error if you forgot to first open your project before invoking the assembler (check the path reported in the error message and you'll see that). After opening your project, when you type HSW12ASM sample.s uBug12 will pass the correct project path to the assembler and the sample.lst file will be generated.

Carl
cbarnes
Admin
Admin

Postby Highflyer » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:06 am

Hi Carl,
it seems I forgot to open the project after it was created :oops:
Works fine now , thanks a lot .
Even done some mods to Sample.s and some basic debugging .

Angelo
Highflyer

Postby DavidA » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:56 am

As a final update to this, I was able to help Robert solve his issue by updating uBug12 to the latest version of Dirk's hsw12asm code. Once that was done, my system had a JRE update, and upon recompiling the code, everything has gone well since. The build was done in June, and so anything used later that June 2014 should work fine to avoid these issues.

Dave
DavidA
Beginner
Beginner

Previous

Return to uBug12 (Java Edition)