Problem writing to EEPROM of 68HC11E9

General problems? Ask here!

Moderator: cbarnes

Problem writing to EEPROM of 68HC11E9

Postby erarama » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:21 am

I'm trying to write a JMP $0200 instruction at location $B600 (EEPROM) of a 68HC11E9 installed on an AD11EVBUM, so that when I reset the MCU
my program, which will reside in external NVSRAM, starts running. I tried to use the MM command of BUFFALO to change the contents of the necessary locations but I got an error: rom-?

I understand that I may have to modify the following registers: CONFIG, BPROT, and PPROG; I cannot do that with BUFFALO. So do I have to do it by reseting the MCU in BOOT mode?

Please, help!!! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
erarama

Postby erarama » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:10 pm

Kind of strange to respond to myself.

Please do join the forum and not sign in as guest. We just try not to allow spammers and the emails from being accessed. If you did join but your website was pointing to advert not relating to the electronics then I apologize from removing you.

You must be using the MIB. If you are then you must use a static RAM and not use EEPROM or NVRAM. The memory is mapped at $8000 to allow BUFFALO to write programs below $E000.

In this case your jump to $200 will not be allowed, there are no legitimate RAM at these locations. Try jump at $8000 instead
erarama
Master
Master

Return to General Problems