Adapt11c24dx Int. EEPROM programing problems

General problems? Ask here!

Moderator: cbarnes

Adapt11c24dx Int. EEPROM programing problems

Postby DamnProject » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:04 pm

Any time I try to write a program to the int. eeprom($b600->) I get a checksum error at address $0000. I'm using THRSim11. If I use axide, it seems to download ok, but I have code in both the eeprom and the ram, which I have to send seperately. If I do that, I can't step through it without getting lost in subroutine addresses.

Also, when I try to write to the xirq interupt vector (00f2), the processor hangs up. I had it working at one point but then it would just activate the irq routine. Reset board and then when you try to run the program again it jumps to 00f4 and of course goes haywire. I've tried all combos of clearing the xirq mask, clearing irq mask, both before and after setting interupt vector. Still hangs up on the staa #$00f2 or std #$00f2

If I get them problems fixed, I might actually get this done in time. Also using the CME11E9-EVBU (Axiom Manufacturing) with the same results.

I appreciate any and all help. I know nothing.
DamnProject

Postby DamnProject » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:50 pm

Well I am able to write to the eeprom. THRSim requires that you copy simulator memory to the cpu's eeprom. Works fine now.

Still can't get the XIRQ to work. When I try to store to the vector ($00f2), the processor hangs. That is the correct location right? The only information I can find regarding the vector location is what was provided by our professor and he can't get it to work either.
DamnProject

Postby DamnProject » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:09 am

It seems that XIRQ does not work reliably when operating from the THRSim Disassembler window. Running the program directly through Buffalo or configuring the program to start upon power up works fine.
DamnProject

Return to General Problems