neCore12 installed software

General problems? Ask here!

Moderator: cbarnes

neCore12 installed software

Postby dvogel » Sat May 02, 2009 2:59 pm

Is there easy access to the code that is installed in the neCore12 board when it is shipped? I have not yet been successful in even putting back the serial monitor (using a BDM pod). I have downloaded the HCS12SerialMon2r1_DS.zip file and assembled the code with what I believe are the right parameters in the .def file, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Any help will be appreciated. Thx.
dvogel

Postby cbarnes » Thu May 07, 2009 4:47 pm

The serial monitor files for this board can be found in the Support Library, here:
http://support.technologicalarts.ca/doc ... 2r1_DS.zip
After unzipping it, you'll see that the .def file is already setup for the NE64, and the .sx file produced by the assembler can be found in the bin folder.

Also, a few notes about the BDM pod. I'm assuming you're using a D-Bug12-based pod.

1) it must be capable of operating at 3V (e.g. MicroBDM12LX)
2) D-bug12 requires s-records to be formatted with an even number of bytes, therefore you'll need to use the Freescale sreccvt utility to format the .sx file before loading it. For your convenience, I've uploaded the formatted version to the library folder (http://support.technologicalarts.ca/doc ... re12sm.s19)
3) make sure you use the ;np parameter with the fbulk command, and both ;np and ;b parameters with the fload command. The ;np parameter is necessary, because of the crystal frequency used on the board, in order to disable the PLL. The ;b is necessary when loading a banked file.

Best regards,
Carl
cbarnes
Admin
Admin

Postby dvogel » Fri May 08, 2009 10:21 am

Thanks for the reply. The cited S19 file worked fine, thanks again.

Here is one issue that still doesn't seem correct. Agreed, the cited .def file is set up for this CPU (mostly), but the section that describes which port to look for the Run/Load switch is set up for bit 6 of port A.

The schematic (and looking at the module), the run/load switch is connected to bit of port L. If that section of the .def file is changed to:

SwPort: equ PTL
Switch: equ PTL3
SwPullup: equ PERL ;pullup enable for sw port
mSwPullup: equ PTL3 ;Mask value to enable for sw port

the instructions given in the previous post work fine.
dvogel

Postby dvogel » Fri May 08, 2009 10:26 am

One more thing, when the neCore12 module is shipped, it also includes a demo program that puts up a small menu with several options (I have forgotten the details). Is that code also available for reloading?
dvogel

Postby cbarnes » Fri May 08, 2009 12:00 pm

You are correct about the switch position-- I missed that one!

The demo-ne64.s19 file can be found here:
http://support.technologicalarts.ca/docs/neCore12/Code/

Best regards,
Carl
cbarnes
Admin
Admin

Return to General Problems